Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

nil paid letters

BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
does anyone any info on this the of listing. expect the info on this site. i need more info as i am currently looking to purchase some PAPN.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
be careful, they expire on 22 June (if my memory is correct). In short they are rights to buy PNP at a discount, if you buy you either have to sell on or before 22 June or contact us to let us know you'll be taking up the rights.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err PAP not PNP
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi Simon - Am I understanding you correctly? By buying Nil Paid letters is one merely buying the right to take up the purchase of shares? and not the share itself. If one buys them on the open market as Nil Paid Letters, are these then converted into shares later at no extra cost, or does one have to pay the subscription price on top of the price one paid to buy the Nil Paid Letter? Please clarify.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you hold NPL's there is still a price to pay for the new shares. So all it is is a right to buy the new shares at the discounted price. make sense?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Ok, so if I buy NPL on the open market and pay say 44 cents for SALN, then I will still have to pay an additional 60 cents subscription for these shares?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon, finally I understand. I must say it hasn't been made very clear anywhere else on the site.
0 Kudos