Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

no comment

Not applicable
Market appears to be suffering a pullback - why is the forum so quiet - not a peep!
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Terra
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ha ha - thanks and here I was believing one of our more experienced forumites would possibly suggest that this is the September pullback predicted at the begining of the month!
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Because they know Great Caller is lying in wait with a bunch of laughing bags.
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
On a more serious note. I was thinking the same thing earlier this morning, and came to the conclusion: UNCERTAINTY! Greed might be turning into Fear....... also waiting for Part 2 on the Great one VS the rest.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Snoopy is loosing the fight against the Red Baron today so I have to have a moments silence for Peanuts, I think he is gonna get an earfull from poor old Snoopy.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Likely there'll be a gap close in the afternoon though.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Plenty gaps to play today
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Never ever write the Great one off!!! ;)
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Yes, wouldn't it be fun if they'd all close on one day :-) Improbable, but fun.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
saash a gap close up or down ?? from which date??
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Today made a gap down - in the US too, which is very rare. and our gap down is hovering around support for the gap up made on 5 Sept. What I've seen happen once before was that the gap up closed and then a sharp rally to also close the gap down. Who knows what to expect.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This better - at one stage I had the impression that everryone had run for the hills!
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Write of the Great one? Never crossed my mind, only anticipating the come back and the replies that will follow......
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
What pullback - September is up? Where all the shorts gone? Tomorrow we will be up again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi guys, havent been watchin my screens recently, im still short AMS from the 8th, and ASA from the 2nd i think.. and for richardw, althou u myt think that im gna keep callin the downside forever and when it happens then il say i got it right, if thats what u thinkin then u are wrong, i havent seen the charts recently as ive been busy, but i still stand ground to a severe pullback anytime soon (in sept only) and its not because all those guys on CNBC who play mind games say that sept. is generally a bad month its because the market moves in cycles, and according to what it says currentl, it says the cycle is down, and it'l give indication as to when the cycle will turn back up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
btw, dow seems to have formed an absolutely double top today, it closed at 9627 thurs, 9605 fri, and 9626 today.. very very dangerous double top, yet if it breaks the 9628 level it'l run hard again.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the sep is pish tosh .. more importantly trading is about timing .. sure we will see a notable pull back, but if your timing is wrong tis useless .. roffey has called gold higher since 1980, finally he is right, but he gets no credit as even a broken watch is right twice a day ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Interesting that the US closed its gap and we didn't.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sitting in the hills and watching!
0 Kudos