Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

non farm payrolls any minute

Not applicable
this will be a market mover...
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Not applicable
judging by golds reaction we should be heading lower....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dou you have the numbers, 'cos it is going to determine the us open ie our close, prehaps I can get those 350 point after all.
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
Wall St. frowns at jobs report Stocks set for lower open after better-than-expected job report; European markets struggle, Asia slips.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I get the feeling this market has lost upwards momemtum, and is at the complete mercy of overseas markets as a result, I am very uncomfortable about the market right now, It is needing to go one way or the other.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Mmmm - I been sitting like this the whole morning - waiting for it to move down, got out of Topdwn this morning and into Topdws - nothing happening though
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good news for all the bulls out there. Ive just bought a small amount of topdws which means the market is going to surge upwards...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thanks T- what was your trigger.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bought at 140 ... If the past is anything to go by the market should go up at least another 0.7% at which time my stop should trigger and the market will crash leaving me kicking myself as I do every time i dabble in waves... as you can tell Im still more a bodyboarder than a surfer...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sound more like body sufing the beach break- a short rush, bound to end up with sand in your short.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Not yet it looks like. Jean-Claude said much about nothing yesterday and NFM as expected while last NFM revised upwards and unemployment stable...so US job growth pretty much ok. The market wanted things the other way round for a 'move'. EURUSD was a laff-a-minute with a 60 pip range within 5 min and now back where it started. The mover will be Sep or Oct if and when Trichet decides to use THE 'code word'. The mixed message is in a high US bond yield, stable employment and inflation dare I say. FOMC doesn't know which way to turn right now but are probably doing it right by sitting tight. The curve ball that could ignite the whole thing is of course the carry trades when you look at the JPY crosses, but that's contrarian as borrowers will remain borrowers. Dunno Chartist but I think we're setting up for a traditional October. OMO
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
john, john, john. I'd like slap you silly. You've come too far along for this.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thank T- looks like your buy broke the dead lock.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I hope that was as good for you as it was for me. Repeat after me, 'There will be no more discretionary trading. I will stick to my levels and put my scarf and big hoop earings away.' Have a good week-end!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If I put my scarf and earings away it wont be such a fun week end but promise to take off before monday!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Be extra nice to Mrs john. I'm off to the bottlestore for some champers - it's been a great week overall.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It has? did I miss somthing, I will be drinking on investec and my friends at BHP
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! Good boy. I had fun this week and even tho AGLSTA was a F-up I still made a profit. Also we got AHIs on MVL and ASA yesterday at their lows. So all in all good. Now, I must drink.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Well called, See you in the snake pit, My wave trading has me able to buy a bottle of Tassies, but learnt a lot. I am confident next week will be better. It is amazing how you TA can improve working with live charts.
0 Kudos