Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

_nova?

richardw
Super Contributor
Still around/alive/trading/different forum?
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
_nova
Super Contributor
Hi Richard. Yep, still around. Just lost interest in the forum with Chartist and John missing. The quality of tech analysis discussions has dropped significantly with them gone (no offence intended to other forum members). Also, the fact that this forum is still lacks any functionality to upload charts has finally convinced me to migrate to page88 and FX forums. No half capable technical analyst will bother with a forum that doesn't provide an upload facility for charts. I do check in now and then but I'm not going to bother posting unless someone asks me something direct or until OST get their act together, which is pretty unlikely.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Funny, I just had a look and all the old hands seem missing... Brazen, Goldfinger, YNWA and many more. I suppose they also lost interest. OST have consistently ignored requests for better forum functionality and I suppose the old timers finally just gave up and went elsewhere.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
or went bust ??
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
ooooh, that was a quick retort Simon? Worried about punters siphoning off to page88? The oldies will only go bust in your dreams boyo! You know, as well as I do, that they've all been around a long time and they've survived just fine.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah not worried .. an I don't buy your theory either .. they won't go bust ?? they shouldn't, but they certainly could ..
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
well that settles it then? You're not worried and I'm not worried and the old hands shouldn't go bust but could? I would think that they're all well aware of that. No need for us to worry about their solvency. Tell me; in the entire list of visible topics here today, name me a single post that has a half decent thread around technical analysis?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chat group feels like dad's house after the kids have gone off to college: comfortable but a bit empty.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
with respect nova, the old hands you mentioned may have posted lots .. but not a lot of TA .. some sure, but hardly any large quantity ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Ok, well miss your input but hope you're doing well in the new digs :)

Still bearish or have you fallen in line with the dash for trash?
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
As a matter of interest does anybody know where a forum for futures traders trading the ALSI are at present. There are none here anymore it seems, as this is all I trade its a little lonely at times.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Let me know if you found one. This forum is dead the past couple of days. Either nobody here, or miss market is playing yo-yo too much for anybody to try and say something.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now this is a nice example - Is the gap close on? Any gap traders still here?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
do you boys read the post above ?? page88 as mentioned by nova ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are you familiar with Page88 Simon? And I geuss the gap close is off...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That wasn't meant to be a retorical question. Do you know anything of that site Simon?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well ya, but not sure why the Q ?? head there and check it out ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
They all trade that stuff somewhere else. And now I can't remember where!
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Hi Nova_ long time no speak. Why dont you come to the PSG.online Forum.. Good technical analysis threads and you can upload charts too...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Venice, Vitalstats, try www.page88.co.za as the members there are mostly futures traders. Though, you'll have to learn their lingo. And don't ever post any waffle there as they'll flame you out of you're shorts. You better know what you're talking about if you're posting there
0 Kudos