Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

now this is what I would call an ambush zone

Not applicable
I am treading very cautiously right now. Most major indexes are at big resistance levels. JSE seems to be powering ahead off the back of resources - but the volumes in some of my favourite stocks does not really give any kind of confidence in the rally. Furthermore, the USD is not giving any indication of whether it is consolidating or getting ready to pull back - and resources tend to have an inverse correlation to dollar strength. And the proponents of Simons Lazy trade? Well you are in a bit of a quandry because the 30day EMA kissed below the 60 day EMA, which would invalidate the trade - no?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
saash
Super Contributor
That's how I understand it - even though we 2 green above the 15dma, irrelevant cos now the primary trend is negative.
but I'm still hoping for a set-up for a gap close, maybe only when the FTSE opens, maybe on the budget speach, maybe on the opening of the DOW??
I just hope we don't see yet another rally, if we do, we just might start seeing some volumes kick in.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I'm curious about those trades at 2354 and 2370 (i.e. below 2400) on the stx40 this morning. Those prices seem too low for me. Unless someone hit a big @market trade?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
correct .. the system likes trends, we don;t have a trend right now, we have volatility, and the system is beautifully keeping me out ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And just yesterday I was telling Simon I was watchful of the ambush ;-)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Volume already 6mill on the stx40, 10x more than yesterday. I see more trades below 2400 on the stx40. Just wondering if its a display error? I don't see corresponding moves on the alsi. . .
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Now at 8 mill. A huge trade (more than 2 mill) at 2464, most likely a short. Howcome such large trades at extreme prices outside of opening or closing auction? The market maker trades seems to be occasionally gone.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Granted it doesn't have to be but the trade happened at the top extreme of the price range, at the 2464 resistance level. So most probably a short. Also some big trades below 2400, could be the longs. Someones having fun today !?!
0 Kudos