Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

npn

Not applicable
This is up more than R28 in just 3 days don't you think it overbought cause that what my stochastic is telling me. What do you guys think
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
john_1
Super Contributor
buy winners, sell losers.. and leave the rest alone!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what goes up must go down
0 Kudos
coops
Occasional Contributor
except Capitec!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Njabulo .. yes.no.maybe .. I certainly wouldn't risk money on that theory ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't get me wrong all I'm saying is that it is overbought they are more buyers soon they will be more sellers profit taking
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Njabulo, i used that logic when NPN was at R200 and i am still sitting on the sidelines......win some, lose some...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
stocks move up...they do this because companies make excesive profits...markets look forward and therefore move in leaps and bounds as they move to discount the furure prodpects for growth... it does not happen in a linea fashion...so do youeself a favour and throw away those stupid indicators and trade the price.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
from now on my plan is to buy only on historical highs and a sensible relative strength index. what the RSI or any other indicator is doing is irrelevant.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
I smell FEAR. FEAR of leaving money on the table !
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip sponono .. vewry much agree with that statement, especially rsi/indicators/oscillators ..
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yep indicators are useless, they all lag, price action and straight line is all you need to be profitable.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I for one am kicking myself for having taken profit on NPN at 31000.
0 Kudos
Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
I stopped reading this forum some time ago as I thought it was mostly aggressive egos, and not much sense. What a welcome change. Maybe the collapse did a clean out. I'm a poor investor, but I recently bought Naspers & Zeder at relative highs as I liked them, and it seemed that they would never show the discount I was hoping for. They have gone from strength to strength since. I will sell Zeder though as I am disgusted by the fees PSG takes. However I will wait until the investor appetite starts to wane a bit first. It doesn't all make sense.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought Naspers at 27626 and they are still climbing, what do I look for to indicate they are will be coming down?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos