Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

off the topic..property sales

DR_1
Super Contributor
i have many properties for sale, close to their purchase price, bought them a few years ago in partnership, has become too many to manage. Any one auctioned properties before. Want to get rid of them even at purchase price
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Rams
Super Contributor
ACL, now properties at a loss.You going somewhere or you know something we dont. With that amount of money, you dont need us for advice, you need the experts!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Where, what type, size how many etc. I might know a few people looking for good opportunities.
0 Kudos
babz
Contributor
i am looking for an industrial property. it can be a plot or building. size around 1500 sqm in durban and surrounding. i am a cash buyer. email: [email protected]
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
If you're in a hurry to sell then you're unlikely to get near your asking price. Houses sit on the market for almost 6 months if the owners don't want to drop their prices by 30% or so. Auctions aren't going to stop that either. Are you not able to rent them out with short term leases and sell them off one by one?
0 Kudos
fuadh
New Contributor
please provide details...
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
not going anywhere, just a case of bad investments. Properties for sale in randburg, sunninghill, fourways areas. mail me for deatils at [email protected]. Properties are rented, but partnership not working too well so we have decided to sell out and call it quits amicably
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You can pretty much forget about getting your purchase price unless they are in heavyweight suburbs. I have looked into(and tried)auctions - without any success - you pay for their marketing and they try to earn their com. upon the drop of the hammer. Even if the deal never goes through. There is also a need (understandably?) for them to secure an extended sole mandate as they need to carry the property through the marketing phase into the auction and beyond if the first auction fails. They did manage to find buyers outside the auction process (for some office blocks at a knock down price - which they had failed to auction twice over.) For the rest - I am mostly in land and could care less what the housing market does for the next couple of years. Be carefull of dumping properties too cheaply in a competition to rid yourself of them - (sounds strange - but I think you know what I mean) That said - I dumped some properties at crazy prices early last year and ploughed the money into Anglo, Metair, Pioneer and others which were even priced at even sillier levels - and that has given cause for cheer.
0 Kudos