Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

off to lunch in the winelands....nutting doing before 3.30 today

Not applicable
we will be all over the place today ahead of the non farm payroll data at 3.30....
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
And a lot of local indices are perched precariously on bottom resistance lines of rising wedges. If they break down through a heap of fun and games lie ahead next week.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
No I don't believe in if anymore-Roger Whittaker.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
chartist, how would you go about trading the ALSI with this news out at 3.30?
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
well i havent seen the news but my price streamer just went green! will it hold? 1 2 3???
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Yet another sobering government labor report released Friday showed the economy lost 524,000 jobs in December, bringing 2008's total job loss to 2.6 million. Last year's steep drop in employment marked the highest yearly job-loss total since 1945. Economists surveyed by Briefing.com had forecast a loss of 525,000 jobs in the month. According to the Labor Department's monthly jobs report, the unemployment rate rose to 7.2% last month from 6.7% in November and higher than economists' forecasts of 7%. The unemployment rate, which is compiled in a separate survey from the payroll number, was at its highest level since January 1993. The vast majority - 1.9 million - of last year's job losses came in the final four months of 2008, after the credit crisis began in September. November's job loss was revised up to 584,000 from 533,000, and October was revised up to 423,000. To top of page Bad news but market reacts positive?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would come back from lunch as i have now wait for the dow top opne nad thann og hsotr....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I hope the wine was a cool and dry as your sense of humour..nice one..that was such a thing of beauty the way the market just sat up waiting for a good old short..very sweet.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
actually it was just the good ol 123 technique..
0 Kudos