Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

old mutual

jannie2
Contributor
I know that om is not a bank like Standard- but it is still financial, banks are failing to go up - but O.M. is flying does anybody have some good advice ?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
OM is dual listed (listed on FTSE as well). Any adverse movement in exchange rates i.e. Rand depreciating against Sterling will place a roll in its share price movement.
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
O.M. is flying?
0 Kudos
jannie2
Contributor
well it went up yesterday 3% with most financials going down 1.5 %, if I see it correctly - O.M. went up 4 % on the U.K. exchange as well - so they are definitelly buying O.M. this market is so choppy at the moment- the one day - all doom and gloom the next- all is well again -this is definitelly for traders that know the story well, have a good system and and have nerves of steel, I wish I was there.
0 Kudos
jannie2
Contributor
well it went up yesterday 3% with most financials going down 1.5 %, if I see it correctly - O.M. went up 4 % on the U.K. exchange as well - so they are definitelly buying O.M. this market is so choppy at the moment- the one day - all doom and gloom the next- all is well again -this is definitelly for traders that know the story well, have a good system and and have nerves of steel, I wish I was there.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Have a look at the graph of OML for the last month. Then tell me if you think the share is flying.
0 Kudos
jannie2
Contributor
hi there Plonki Sorry for the delay, I was referring to the 3% rise in price while all the other financials were coming down- I must say - I was very annoyed as just the day before I closed my long position - after all the negative news on Greece being in trouble,, and general feeling that the market had run to far and we were due for the correction - so maybe 3 or 4 % is not FLYING but it feels like a lot after you just sold your shares, so sour grapes all the way...
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
ja, i can relate to that.....have a look as the 3 month plot of OML as well...its even worse than the one month graph....maybe at these levels it may be worthwhile buying in ....maybe ????
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
oml needs to close above todays high to inspire any confidence
0 Kudos