Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

oml

annie3
Frequent Contributor
only down 3 grand i am just thinking suicide is also an option
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'll give you three grand if you'll torture a banker.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Double-up, then keep doing that. What could possibly go wrong? :)
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Dangle their bonus cheque just out of their reach and then spend it on cheese puffs.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! And at the same time ask them questions like 'why doesn't price streamer work?' and 'when are you gonna fix the forum?' and 'when are we gonna get free stuff?'.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
brazen, I'll bring you a pen next week ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is not an emotional support forum; for support please phone the call centre... In this case the call centre number is 0861 322 322 (LifeLine) or 0861 10 53 10 (Telefriend).
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Torture a banker, now that's an idea. Preferably a Merrill Lynch or Citibank banker, but beggars can't be choosers, so any banker will do right now. Someone needs to pay for peeing in the party punch and then leaving the room.
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
OH NO Timato, It is real scary that you have both the Lifeline and Telefriend numbers on hand...........
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, they say that very often if some-one jokes about committing suicide, they are actually considering it. There was also a story in the media some time ago about a kid who bid his final farewell on Facebook before pulling the trigger. So I catered for the possibility that Annie was serious about it, and looked up the numbers on the web, just in case. (I notice now that I made a typo in the Telefriend number: that's 63, not 53.) I don't want to see the headline tomorrow "SB online share trader commits suicide after loss in OML" with the sub-text "Egged on by Timato and other forum members". Note that I did try to be slightly jocular by wording the post in a way similar to Simon protesting earlier this morning that for support, we should call the call centre rather than moan on the forum. I am sorry if this attempt at humour was too subtle.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hey . . .I got some oml SSFs closed out this morning at a R4k loss. I don't give a ***** though. It's only money. Hey Annie tomorrow might be a better day if the friggin price doubles.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
...and here's a banker joke to cheer you up: The banker and his investor friend is out on the investor's yacht. The sea becomes rough and the banker falls overboard. The investor shouts: "can you float alone?" The banker answers: "of course I can! ...but this is hardly time to talk business...!"
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Annie,oml will rise.If you see this message please give us a sign.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
weell i read somewhere i think some talking head from investec said that oml is worth R13 bucks so maybe time for a long short position if you know what i mean.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Absolutely.See http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page66?oid=277614&sn=Detail Just don't read the comments afterwards.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Looks like "someone" got caught again in another of his notorious long positions.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
We should also ignore the 2nd part of Asylum's post,if you know what I mean.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
And what do you have if you have a banker up to his neck in cement? Too little cement.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I tried not to mention that, given that we're trying to make this a feel-good thread...
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Got some at 470 for a quick 15%.
0 Kudos