Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

online share trading-account

qwest
Frequent Contributor
to place funds in my online account I presented the teller with a duly completed deposit slip and my cheque card for withdrawal and simultaneously depositing R6000-00.I was told this cannot be done for I have contravened the J.S.E.rules. I do not have an online banking account.What other methods of payment can I utilise? thx andy
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DR_1
Super Contributor
perhapa simon can help. next big mistake, your user name on this forum should not be your account number.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Think there's a R5000 cash deposit limit, so you were almost there.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Ask the branch to set up an electronic account payment on your atm card. Ask the teller for a counter cheque and deposit that. It's a very poor show that STD can't offer a teller transfer from your account to OLST. Gawd... even ABSA has been doing that for about a decade and that's the LAST standard I'd want to be compared to!!
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
With effect from the 1st of May, Standard Bank Branches will not accept cash deposits in the form of notes and coins into Online Share Trading bank account, only cheques and electronic transfers will be allowed. From the Transfer Cash tab on the left under My Account.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you are not allowed to deposit cash of more R5000 into the account as per JSE regulations. Ask the teller to do a transfer or to load OST as a beneficary and do a transfer.
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
Tanx:DR,doomsdayza,dookie and SimonPB
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
It's always a pleasure disseminating (mis)information LOL
0 Kudos