Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ost costs

Not applicable
you pay brokeage fee for each trade done in a day (no discount in additional trades) and also a monthly fee. collectively these fees are eating up all my divident pay outs. I applaude standard bank for reducing the monthly fees in the current financial year, I am hoping that further reduction will be made next year.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
ABuzz
Super Contributor
You will pay 1 brokerage for each different share purchased/sold. Even if there are a couple of transactions for 1 particular share in a day, they lump them together and you pay 1 brokerage fee per share traded. Make 3 or more trades per month and you don't pay the monthly fee.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
And if you really lucky, then you pay Madbob ,10% on all dividend recieved or accued.
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
I had an offer in for 750 CZA shares @ 1400. They bought me only 3 shares to a value of R42.00 & I paid R70 +vat brokerage.....
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
That's the risk you take when you bidding well below the current market price...
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
Wasn't actually much below market...
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Hobo LOL...I just lost R42,000 this week....I would gladly exchange your loss for mine......
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yep been there not a nice feeling, but now i dont make a move without a stop loss of some sort.
0 Kudos