Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

pik

Russ
Super Contributor
is close to a big breakout-worth watching.Apn on the move again.Cmp also looking good.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
BC02
Super Contributor
Climbed on APN @ 136 last Friday - you had to be quick!
Still room to move but 1st target @ 142, 2nd 145.
Got lucky with this one.

PIK theres a possible inverted H&S. Not my cup of tea this one but if you take it good luck!.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
1st target for PIK would be 46.30
0 Kudos
Not applicable
funny, each to their own, i have exited my APN position
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
just asking but why didnt you let the trend kick you out?
i.e. just put a trailing stop in until it kicks you out, just in case theres more upside?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Maybe jumping to a faster moving vehicle?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I take profits, I don't trail. Having said that though, APN probably has a pretty decent flag forming, but the pullback was against the market direction, which is against my entry rules. I would need to see some pretty strong price action at this level, or an exhaustion move for me to get back in
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I should have kept quiet about apn.Since i posted it has been in a steady decline!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
you assume, incorrectly, that the market knows what you think or say. I have bad news for you: "the stock market does not care who we are as individuals, what we think, SAY or how we feel.It's a beast like no other: indifferent to human desires, oblivious to common wisdom, maddeningly contrary, and seemingly bent on confounding the majority at every turn. The only law it obeys is the law of supply and demand" William J O'Neill
0 Kudos