Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

platinum Drive

Tenor
Contributor
Im struggleing to find what is driving the Platinum Producers higher when the Platinum price is going down
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
But can a weak Dollar,make up for such low demand for the metal ?
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
thanks john,is there any way to calculate the influence of the dollar together with the Platinum price on the Producer eg. IMP? Im trying to gain more understanding of the different factors and the way their movement influence the price
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
not that I know of... but a week dollar and an increasing risk of inflation is leading many to think that holding miners or metals is a good idea.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
I looked at ZAR vs USD vs Plat and at times they are inverse to each other(I used IMP and AMS), should maybe try to find a smoothing factor. It is probable that this could be difficult because of the overshoot of one or the other and market sentiment. (and you have to take into accound what Simon says, the market sentiment is already factored into the price.) so maybe need a 14 or 21 day average?
0 Kudos