Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

plats

barry_1
Super Contributor
The market does not feel right to me at the moment.Hopefully we've all made large profits and as such one cannot count ones profit till its been converted to cash ,so i've sold out from my own and also Naomi's portfolio IMPALAS SB turbos and ELAND this afternoon.This morning i sold WEZ,now that leaves me with only ANOORAQ AND JUBILEE.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
asylum
Super Contributor
So whats your next move Barry. Just wait it out for a while? Also sold today think will step back for a few days and see how things pan out.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I think this is only a brief correction. This market has great momentum at the moment.omo
0 Kudos
macG
Contributor
i also got out of imp today.. can anyone shed some light on what the graphs suggest, ie can we see a return down to 220 ??
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
If one considers the potential,i'de say plats have still a long way to go and i still intend receiving the final div for IMPALA ,which means i'll have to buy in again.Prices have run up too quickly,my intention is to start buying in ,in late June and dribble the money in again.I'm sure some of the newer traders have not heard of the old saying "Sell in May and go away" ,but its mostly proved true over the years,although not always in May,sometimes only happens in June.ARQ is undervalued and this operation does need a major mine to buy it out to survive,which most of the others do.On JUBILEE YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What about Barplats? Low volumes, but up nicely today.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i've read in the papers about the Eastplat take over,seem good ,i've not researched this share in any great depth,in the past its failed me so many times that i cannot give an unbiased opinion!MIGHT BE ON TRACK NOW.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Jubilee's stop loss triggered this morning,so am only now holding ANOORAQ.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
SELL IN MAY has come early this year,have now sold out all resources shares,if rand would weaken,then Rand hedge would fly,till then local suppliers such as PPC are likely to do better.I reckon it was better to sell now and not loose the profits made to date.
0 Kudos