Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

please assist...warrant purchase

Not applicable
I have R1000 which i would like to invest...what is more advisable? a share or warant? if warrant...which 1? thanx guys
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
go to www.satrix.co.za and buy satrix40 direct from them, otherwise costs will kill you.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
simon please explain what costs? as im in a similar situation and i estimated that the costs of buying the warrants and selling shouldnt cost more than R130 bucks using online share trading with costs such as brokerage, securites transfer tax, strate VAT and investor protection.. is there sumthing im missing?
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
Its simple, on R1000 you will pay about R140 in fees buying and selling, that means that the warrants need to go up by a minimum of 14% for you to break even. If you have a 20% increase on warrants for R1000, you will make R60 for that trade. Question is ...is that worth it
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
listen to what simon says
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
simon says buy satrix... :) of course you can always look at UTs as well. I'm particularly happy with Allan Gray. (Ok, lately, they did go down, but on average they outperform the index - which is impressive!)
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
Thats it.....i would say with warrants .. you need to buy a minimum of 50 000 units (R500 per 1 cent move)...else you pretty much wasting your time.
0 Kudos