Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

plz SHAREyour SHARES

BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
please can anyone let me on the secret of buying the best shares. tell me a share thats below R1. please share your shares
0 Kudos
46 REPLIES 46
Brazen
Super Contributor
Piglet shivered a little bit. "It is awfully cold, and I would not want to think what sort of nasty things might get a little Piglet on his own in these Big Dark Woods."
0 Kudos
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
Brazen, play nice!!
0 Kudos
DavidG
Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
research, research and more research....end even then you may call it wrong. Although the ratio of current share price to NAV (cents) will give you an idea whether the share price is over valued...at least thats my 3 cents worth
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
BB, just follow yesterdays advise. Personally, shares below R1 is a no no (even below R5)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Quality cost money. Oh well! I can see that Baby boy is not going to grow old on this forum.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
HI CE even below five Rand? I think there are still some quality shares at that price eg: Datapro
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
There are opportunities...Few years ago Goldfinger was punting DAW at 120c! SIM was just a buck a year ago. Probably SAL is the good story today
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
I'm not convinced that at a price below R1 or R5 makes a share 'not a good buy' DRD at R5 is different to WEA at R5. And DTP was underR1 less than a year ago. It's all got to do with what value there still is in the share price. (And sometimes what the technicals are showing). Remember the institutions generally don't buy the smaller cap shares so there's less liquidity in some of them. My advice: do your research, read about the company, and don't expect a winner every time. Have a look at Moneyweb's UT tool to see where the fund managers are putting their loot.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Agree with you guys - as I said, it is "personal"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thats a bit silly. A company worth R100 can issue 10 shares in total @ R10ea. A company worth R1,000,000 can issue 2,000,000 shares @ 50c each. Is the R100 company "better"? It's share is worth more?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Ok B-Boy since you ask so nicely. Do yourself a big favour and read "The Zulu Principle" by Jim Slater. Also see www.stockpicker.co.za for pennystocks. His recommendations are generally very good.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Maybe it does. All I am saying, if there are good shares below R5, I will be missing them. It is the direction I decided to follow. Some people follow the below R1 direction and make money, they will not even look at anything more that R1 and in the process miss the "good" one's above that. Don't take my point to serious.
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
ACTOWER investment. as my mentor said wait and don't rush in and buy WAIT for the right moment. i'll tell all of you WAIT. i was so close to becoming a millionaire. DBTOPPZW thats the share that f**k** me up,i had 500 000 shares at 50c ea. den it droped to 27c, so i sold the motherf**ker. GUESS what happens the next day. YEPP dat lazy bear market wakes up and reaches 2,00c within a few days. SO i need to make up for my losse. can anyone confirm if actowers is a good share to buy wen it get to about 1,20c. all because i didn't wait......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well by the way you are trading I can see you losing the next 250000 VERY quickly!! sound like you have no Idea what you are doing and are doing it so you can make a million by next tuesday. But I could be wrong...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
The real question is, is how the f*ck did BABYBOY get his hands on 250K. Which is now 125K if I understand him correctly.
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
baby steps brazen.... baby steps.... do you know BNT well took my savings of R64 000,00 BOUGHT 400 000 shares at 0,16c last year dec. BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOLD AT 0,65c = R260 000,00. I LIKE THOSE 000000000000000000 DON'T YOU.
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
you want a million? take your 125k and give it Allan Gray / Equinox (www.allengray.co.za or www.equinox.co.za) Then go away and come back in 7 years. But..., I'll bet 7 years from now, you'll regret not following this advice...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trading to 'get your money' back is never a good strategy . . .
0 Kudos