Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

plz SHAREyour SHARES

BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
7 YEARS 1 MILL.. will be worth nothing im alive today. i need an exit before i leave you guys.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Well done kid, you only but got this forum going today !
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
i know but im trying not too. i think mayb i got a gambling problem. hahahaha. does everybody think i should quit while im ahead?????
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
no sherlock, that asumes inflation of 6%. So 1 million buying power today. But I'm sure, a super-clever, future predicting trader like yousrself would have checked them out already. :)
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
thanks CE. but i still got 1 question WHERE to from here. i need some direction. anywhere good cos the market is so... so... so.. you know what i mean today i thought at least a +2.5% but again we are all jus gambling. i hope some of the brokers are having fun cos its not their MONEY is it. hahahaha.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Are you for real son ? Not meant in a bad way, just curious - how old are you ?
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
agreed CE, fascinating reading. sounds like a lamb just having stepped into the wolf pen.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dude calm down!!! show some, even a slight respect for people who have been here a lot longer than you. Funny comming from someone who is asking for help. Your not even worth a reply!
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
please don't scare me yet i still got along way to reach a million. i think all of us should make a goal and stick to it even if its not going your way things always change. NOTHING IS PERMANANT EXPECT CHANGE remember that my friends and be happy for today. ALWAYS!
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
sorry cash didn't mean to affend anyone. i really do want your honest help and everybody else. sorry to if my tone is not perfect.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
With that money he could've bought a better car, but he didn't, he chose to be here. Valuable experience! Not too many 21s around here. If that's his passion he will make it in the DISTANT future.
0 Kudos
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
This guy really have some of of you going...
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
thanks steve, i guess i can't ask for your help. it jus my story. if you don't want me use this forum please tell me and i won't as you say bullsh*t everbody with lies.
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
Babyboy, If you want to gamble, play wave warrants, eg Top 40 when the price is under R 1.00 Possible returns is wonderful, but ask me: I have lost the best part of my portfolio gambling. Be glad that you struck it lucky, now use those profits to do some decent trades. Use 5% of your portfolio for gambling if you wish, but base the bulk of your trades on common sense and not emotion.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
na babyboy, dont give up. just heed some of the legit warnings coming through in the various postings. it seems you are "betting" (in the true sense of the word) your stake on one horse. who knows if it has a game leg?rather split your "stake" into a few parcels and selectively pick based on TA, long term investment value, or whatever you decide is your own mandate and risk profile.if you not sure, sit on the sides and watch for a while. dont expect someone to give you a "hot tip" as while that may make you some money it is just as likely (maybe more) to lose your all of it. research. make your own calls. also, seems you need a better stop loss strategy. 50% knock on 250K hurts like heck. if you had stopped out earlier (say 20% on geared (read more risky!) instrument such as warrants), you would not be so far down. takes 100% profit to remake a 50% loss. think on that. and if you still new to it all, recommend you only trade shares themselves or MAYBE instalment shares. learn the basic first with your shirt still in one piece. keep your emotions out of it, head only. DARN, i am rambling on!! ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If its a gamble you want why not look at something like Merafe, if the think the rands going to tumble take a gamble...
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
thanks peekay, ooooooohhhh nnnnooooo im not going near that death trap, i read what waves can do. one sec. your telling your mates about your new share the owners the profit gain dreaming of lavish things wen it reaches a certain barrier. then you check your shares as you normally do and there silence sssssssssss. then BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING GONE ALL GONE, OH NO WHERES MY MONEY, WHAT HAPPENED. THATS NOT, NOT,NOT FOR ME. anyway thanks for you advice. noted don't gamble. thanks peekay
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah - the secret's in the money management. Diversify & only risk a small percentage on a single trade. Use a stop loss strategy. Compounding can do magic with a little patience. U know the "chessboard" story about compounding?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
er BABYBOY, that 'share' where you lost half your capital, TOPDWZ, that WAS a wave.
0 Kudos