Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

potential shorts

of
Frequent Contributor
this was a qaulity and timeous and profitable discussion for a newbie like me looking for tips, thanks to all the experienced traders for their imput I shorted MtM and NPN and it looks like for the first time it will bear fruit. I will trade with more fundamental knowledge as I become more experienced.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Of. Remember to have an exit strategy. Always keep to it and remember that taking profit has never hurt anyone.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Bull***** fundamentals, just read the chart and trade the price. Oh, and always carry a get out of jail free card handy. Shorts come off quicker than you can get them on :)))
0 Kudos
of
Frequent Contributor
thanks guys & gals ....... any more "sure" shorts out there, it seems one could have make a lot of money today shorting almost any share....or is this where you start shorting the market? looking at charts at this point wont help I dono what I am looking at Ha.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well said jack.. the chart is the key to fundementals.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Disagree. Charts are there to make other people take the price too low/high! Heading and shoulders are a shampoo, not a reason to buy a stock ;)
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
patience is a virtue
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
I think the charts are there to give the fundamentals a sense of direction. Bols show them the boundries of the playing field. MA show them the lengths they can go to. (and if we get it wrong we call it a false breakout) lol
0 Kudos
of
Frequent Contributor
thanks platsak and jack12 I took of the shorts very nicely without wetting them.............now I am without pants pls what shorts or longs can I wear for tommorow.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wait for the market to settle, or you could short some absa, but not too much.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
wear your RED shorts, they suit you :)
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I exited throughout all trades during today for a average 20% profit. At least is not a loss. All of the best for people keeping stock over the weekend. US looks poised for a stronger open.
0 Kudos