Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

potentially very lucrative gap close.....

Not applicable
quite possible ...setting itself up.....its now 10h15........
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Electrox
Super Contributor
Chartist, what might be the reason for this potentially very lucrative gap close..?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Electrolux. Go to investopedia.com and search for gap. This will explain why.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
received some quite rude emails about this...how can I say this when the FTSE is down over 150 pts?...a set up is a set up.....and no I am not on anything and yes I do have a good pshychiatrist...
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Agree with you Chartist, tight squeeze on 5min chart, pity can't see volumes
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Yes unless this is a breakaway gap, it will close within the next day or two.for more on gaps, see www.chartist.co.za, Clive Roffeys site.and my favoutrite, rense.com....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i can see volumes, using bloomberg...
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Tks Roman, what code do you use to get ZAR value?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes its doing it ....remember to take profit as we go along...now 50% closed....dont try and get the very last little bit out unless it is abundantly clear that we are gonna close .....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
for those that want to see a picture of a ptential gap, email me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
for those that want to see a picture of a p0tential gap, email me.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
At what point does it become "abundantly clear"?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
my guess would be when we exceed the 61.8 retracement?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok thats enough...I am going shopping...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What chart programme are you guys using?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I got my piece of that too Mr C, 218 points odd.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Roman...thats great...it was a 1400 point round trip today....incredible...if you cant catch some of that you may as well give up...trick is just going after the meat in the middle...some people made a huge pile of cash today .....and ten lost it back.....this is actually my no 1 problem (which is why I went shopping)....I make my target early in the day with not too much fuss then end of battling with the market to give me more....if I just walked away I would have a better life....
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Yep my No1 battle as a trader is that i keep going for more and end up giving most of it back to the market. Discipline, how i wish there was a pill or something for it. 800 points today
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I know some use - ITCharts Light v 2.08, but this product is only available for companies, so unless you have a registered company in your name, don't even bother calling them up.
0 Kudos