Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ppl will the markets rise or fall today

Not applicable
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
they will rise and they will fall...not necessarily in that order but they will...what is also pretty sure is that the smart people will be making money from people who have opinions about the direction of the market
0 Kudos
Ameesh
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
chartist it is only an opinion - if any one could see what is gonna happen they wont be here on this forum they will be sitting on an island with someone else doing the trading for them- remember opinions are like as%%ho&^les everyones got them and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks????????
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
All of the above not necessarily in that order. Any body that tries to predict this market is going to get whipped. The market is overreactive at the moment and even a vague comment by one of the feds sent the Dow down. But to answer your question I would say that we will likely have a low volume day that goes sideways and finishes slightly up or down with no big moves. But i don't prognosticate the market just trade opportunity up or down so I'm not worth listening to in this regard. Good news is neither is anyone else. PS hope this helps
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Ps Read Chartist and ignore my rambling.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LN...maybe that analogy doesnt work that well on me....what I was trying to say is that if you have in your mind a preconceived idea of where the market is likely to go you have a greater chance of making a decision based on emotion...traders are the best sales people you will ever meet ....they will sell themselves an idea with as many convincing arguments as there TA techniques...whats worse is when they have bought they will find even more reasons to stay in that position even if they are losing money...trust me I know this from experience....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
prgnosticate- forgive my ignorance what does this mean
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats when the doctor sticks his finger in your bum and tries to tell you whats wrong with you...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
means to predict acording to present indications or signs. to trade one has to predict, irrespective of whether you follow a trend or not as you have to make a decision b4 the market moves. market will not pay you for reporting what has already happened.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no Contra very wrong....you do not have to predict...you do not need to know where the market is going on before you trade....the whole idea of trading the trend is that you already know the path of least resistance....even on a 2 min time frame which is very very short indeed you do not need to try and predict where the market is going...you do things like wait for a squeeze....wait for some kind on mini trend to set itself up....wait for the bollinger band expansion....wait for the direction to gather momentum and then initiate the trade....of course you need to know when the momentum falls off....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
contra, don't predict - just respond. Know what makes you do what and when you see it respond accordingly. Predicting is a mugs game.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks! respond, don't predict-got it. as u would notice, my response time needs working on.
0 Kudos