Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

preston u remember my agl warrant

Not applicable
now sitting at 18c but i sold at 6c- kicking myself but a good lesson go with my instinct
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Preston
Super Contributor
LN..As i said before it is FEAR that is driving this market down not recession. I will only believe a recession when an official news is recieved by the power that be and not market analyst. As for your lesson,identify what made you sell ie fear or other factor. These are valuable lessons. I becoming a bit too serious..I think i will pick Mr Bean brains for now..Mkadir where are you!!!!!!
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
I had the same issues..could have kicked me self. Bought EXXSBA @ 13c, it dropped lower.. i held on and then got out @ 20c, was quiet thrilled with me self. It then went to 59c. Same story on MTNSBJ, bought @9c, it went to 4c...held on then the bloody thing went to 23c. As long as you dont loose...over time you should make some $$
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GUESS this is my school fees but now sticking to rules -topi going down and exx going down - in puts lets see what happens
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't focus on the ones that continued up afer you sold them. Getting max profit is important and a profitable exit strategy is hard, but if you keep on worrying about missing out on more profits everything is going to unravel.
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Hi DR I must admit you had big brass ones to hold on so lond. I would like to know why you did not get out sooner, do you work with a stop loss?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
learning from lessons- keep lessons in mind go through it everytime before you make a trade so you know the mistakes
0 Kudos