Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

price streamer delay

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
feed is being delayed out of London and affecting everybody. price streamer about 4 minutes delayed and website about 2 minutes delayed.
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Not applicable
Everybody on this site or everybody in the exchange?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
The JSE is having problems with its price feed which is having an impact on both Price Streamer and the website. We are following up with the JSE.
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
So what is the deal? Is there not effective infrastructure in South Africa? Why must our live information be sent to London to receive it back again to be live again..... Does that make sense or not?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
since the JSE moved to SETS back in 2002 (if I recall) we have always done it via the LSE as we use the same software. The JSE website has more stuff on their history page.
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
Ok, still doesn't make sense, but I will do a bit of reading. Thank you
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is not fair SBK!!!
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
Trade on TOPDWZ went through at 16:06 according to website. Same trade only showed on Price Streamer at 16:22!! So, it looks like website is about 5 mins delayed and Price Streamer about 21 mins! Impossible to trade like this...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I use price streamer from a different trading system - work 100% whole day
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
It is now 16:40. Just requested "live" quote on website and it says "prices as at 16:29 (live)" - so it looks like the website is now 11 mins behind! Great way to fix the problem - put us further behind...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So, it was only SBK then with a problem?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
What can I say, I don't even know what the price streamer on SFM looks like. All I can say - no prob this side !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks, where are you trading? How much is a warrant trade and your streamer p.m.?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
We have a IT company and do the IT services for a finacial group including their online share trading company. I have a "test" account, abviously for free.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh good, only 13 minutes left to see what the close was for the day, that happened 5 minutes ago.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Let me know what time you saw the close on your system.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, deal, if you tell me the close for TOPI and ALSH?
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
Great! The market is still open.Trading from now on 24/7!
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
So did we close in the red or did it turn in the last 5 minutes to green CAUSE I CANT SEE A F U C K I N G THIING!!!!! WAS ON THE PHONE WITH DB FROM 10 TO 5, confirming an order with them BUT MY ORDER DID NOT MATCH EVEN 10 MINUTES LATER, CAUSE THE SITE WOULDNT TAKE IT! AND YES I KNOW IM USING CAPS!
0 Kudos