Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

proposal for BUY versus SELL indicator

john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
thanks simon. i would imagine one would have to have access to the intraday "Time Sales" along with intraday bid/offer values per second to calculate. could do it per minute i imagine, would be accurate enough. would be too intensive to calc manually, would have to be done by computational algorithm. guess there is little chance that the JSE (or any other exchange for that matter) would ever do something like this !
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well no exchange I know of publishes this data.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
thanks john, appreciate it. i think volume accumulation may be closest approximation to what i was proposing and would present a similar result to my end of day up volume LESS end of day down volume. still would be intrigued to try it somehow and see how closely they match. at this stage impossible, since dont have the necessary data available. am using price streamer but cant "grab" the data.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
It sounds like you would be spending massive effort and processing to ADD all the daily noise to your indicator instead of trying to filter it out. Just trade the price! If you make your decisions daily, trade on EOD data. Everything else is noise.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
YA, trade the price everythig else is noise. AND EOD price best for the lazy life.
0 Kudos