Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

proposed share consolidation

ultima99
Occasional Contributor
Hi, please advise... regarding the "proposed share consolidation" as per sens 2 May 2012 for Build Max, 19 to 1, the board at Johndan did the same to consolidate to R3,36 ps, they are currently trading at 9-10c ps one year later. we would not like to see this share do the same! Although our view is longer term, healthy growth is always great, so my question is, where should my vote re this issue go? (5 year horizon for growth) is it just the board trying to get free finance and now recalling the shares issued (R290mil last year to finance subsidiaries(?) - when are those investments supposed to pay off in any case...), or are there real prospects for new investors and growth to sustain the higher share price as per 2.1 and 2.2 in sens? regards unsure investor
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
as i understand it, each bdm share after consolidation will be worth about 13*19= 247c each and not the other way around(13/19= less than 1c). So it will actually be good to the company to pass the consolidation as it will promote stability. I will vote for the consolidation
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Man anything to drag BDM outa the mire
0 Kudos
ultima99
Occasional Contributor
you said it, move on up!
0 Kudos