Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

question on issued shares

duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
hi Abuzz, as you and i have both been tracking this share for some time now, my interest in this company has taken on some new angles. for one i may have bought in a bit high, but i am positive things will turn around in the long run. you mentioned the other day that you owned 1/700th of the company. is that in relation to the issued share amount of 752 mil shares. is the full value of the company divided into 752 mil shares including the directors shares? i've wondered before what my stake is in a certain company, but i don't know if it is directly in relation the the issued amount of shares. please comment.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Seeing that your post is sinking and ABuzz doesn't reply: ordinary issued shares reflect ALL shares in circulation, inclusive of directors' holdings, etc. 1/700th in this instance amounts to 1075637 shares @ (say) 18c = R193614.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Thanks chatty for answering that, good answer. I've increased my holding some more over the last week or so.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Abuzz... e-mail add
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
Abuzz, may i have your e-mail address please.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
sorry, been a bit slow on the response, it's [email protected]
0 Kudos