Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

range trading strategies

Not applicable
Anyone got any good range trading strategies? My strategy is to sit out until a clear trend has developed, and catch it on the swing. Also trade indexes, since it is the only conceivable way to overcome spread and make profit in the ranges. But i am firmly of hte opinion that we are going to trend sideways for a good while, possibly even a few years. Even the mini-crash of 2002 took 2 years to recover (and the FTSE & NIKKEI never recovered). So now I am interested to know if anyone has any decent entry and profit strategies in these ranging (and choppy) times?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Trade s/r lines when market is overboaght/sold at these levels.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes ... Buy at support and sell at resistance (range bound)
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
I've found the Sasol Put and Call warrants good to me this year, as SOL has traded in a well-defined range..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
D, if i remember correctly , you are a big fan of NPN. That share has made some good progress recently.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
I was for ages,then i sold them, so watch with hooded eyes its upward progress :)
0 Kudos