Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

rate decision

Not applicable
what time is the anouncement? thanx
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Papi_Chulo
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Leaked info on Bloomberg, rate dropped to 6% (down 0.5%)
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Live on CNBC Africa now..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is the rate? 6?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
50pts cut - 6 % Yay!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Was the market expecting more?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And why is the Rand strengthening?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Buy on rumour sell on fact. Market was expecting .5% cut. It was basically a sure thing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In other words - no surprise.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Consumer debt has ballooned to R1.4trn from R360bn in 2002 and 46% of 18m credit-active consumers have an impaired credit record http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page292516?oid=504791&sn=2009+Detail&pid=287226 ; hope they manage their debtors and don't perpetuate the cycle.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think small longs just taking profit. Big move up coming. So says my battered long position!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Something great has to cause that move and i cant think of something - because we are already looking a bit overbought on the markets.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes i agree,my index PUT triggered this morning at 39,ah well cant win em all! did not have the nerve to enter again,pity ,looks as if that was a mistake!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
stop-loss thiggered at 31 not 39.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that - i've got a couple of shorts going at the moment and still accumulating on bounces , so ya i'm really just trying to stick through this relief rally currently. I think it will be worth waiting for.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
virtually every major index trading at solid resistance. But all are making nudges through it. There has been a string of good news events lately, so I recon it is only a matter of time before we properly break 2500 - only to encounter our next hurdle at 2600
0 Kudos