Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

rates

_nova
Super Contributor
tadaa! now it must just hold a candle or two and we'll run for 1.33
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
zar moved stronger
0 Kudos
Not applicable
1.3253 now if the usd is dropping like this and the DJ fut is down as well, guess what .....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so USD getting thumped - but relic doing nothing ?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Simon the gold buggs are gonna tar 'n feather you one of these days :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ZAR now at 10.02299 looking to shoot through 10 today, however, what i do not understand may be i should not say, otherwise Simon will say again stop trying to understand it trade it, so i'll keep my comments to myself then
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
eish the USD bears are piling into the market
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
So guys trading currency had also priced in 100bps - only got 50bps rand gets stronger??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well nova, tis merely a fact. no more no less. USD weaker, relic weaker ? gold bugs better off trying to explain that ?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
yep agreed, as long as the buck is the reserve currency it rules and AU won't get traction.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
momentum? kinna you believe the USD action today? Good grief, the last time it got trumped like this was when Lehmann went ***** over kettle. The USD crosses in overlay look like a pea***** with a cherry bomb up its nought! Somethings up and I have no idea what but just trading the direction. I think this is wildly overdone but FX traders seem to think we can hit 1.36 or even 1.38 and that will carry the JSE some
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
...cherrybomb up its nought......BWaaaaHaha!....good one sport....Imara Reid were punting 1.38 on there weekly chart as next real resistance. Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nope i made good money now the real money will come when the usd touches the magical 90 yen, yes it was expected you can only print money for a while until it catches up to you
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
man, the only rule in this market is very tight stops! I would not at all be surprised if a whole bunch of US senators were short since yesterday morning. US politicians are losing credibility faster than Crazy Bob! This bailout business is going to put a big spanner in the works! Since 05h00 this morning the EURUSD has just about swung a big figure 4 times! This is ultra volatile!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
for the second time ever the yen is trading below 90 since this morning, last time early 1996, your comments a few weeks ago the BOJ does not have the necessary funding to keep it above the magical 90, investors are running away from the usd, lest see
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If they run away from the usd.To where and what are the implications
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nikkei down 5.5 % today they cannot sell their own commodities because most transactions in world trade is done in usd
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ARE the banks going to affected from the failure of the bail-out. after deflation of 50bps i thought that the bank would decline dramactically. currency affecting the buying in the "equity market"
0 Kudos