Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

re switch from HVL to ABT

shorty
Contributor
Thanks AVS and Barry. After all these years I am glad I found this forum. Over the years I have consistently lost on shares. Now I think I look forward to make some good investments with the help of this forum. I am old enough and have seen the times of NGF(1969), the Wilson and Mansfield collapse, and all the rest of the market falls to date.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Not applicable
um shorty, I'm really flattered that you ask my opinion, and the only advice I could possibly offer is to always use stoplosses.

Reading between the lines it sounds like you invest rather than trade. I'm a (wannabe?) trader rather than an investor, so my outlook would probably be contrary to what would be good for you. It would also be contrary to most other informed opinion . . . but it works for me.
So be especially careful who you take advice from and what their timelines are. But you can trust me on the stoplosses . . .
0 Kudos