Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

red end today more likely

Not applicable
looking at the early morning price action I dont see the Ftse holding support.....all I see is the shorts on the Top 40 holding us up...as soon as we break that level we should see this mornings gains erased and some... if the FTSe holds we will be ok but it doesnt look good
0 Kudos
70 REPLIES 70
Not applicable
Yes C charts not looking good, Think we just had the high for the day, south from here
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah that 6040 level on FTSE is holding but it looks very vulnerable...there is very little doubt that there are lotsa shorts out there....so be careful of the rallies....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja twice tested and support taken out....
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
20 days going south will be quite nice. That has been the primary trend on the DOW since OCT and it should continue. Bad GDP number at 15:30 should secure, especially if it's accompanied with the word R
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes and when the yanks run out of minor good news which seems to be keeping them afloat amongst a Plethora of bad news, the cards will tumble.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Wizard you sounding like the zarp of old... any bad news you latch on to and punt the downfall of the JSE. It's obvious you've got shorts, but to punt them on the forum 24/7 aint gonna make it happen. Yesterday you called the DOW to collapse after ol' Ben had his say... it didn't. It might collapse some time but constantly egging it on won't make a difference either way.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wizard has more influence than you know
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I think wizard has a point the yanks are trying so hard to avoid a bear market that they dont seem to take note of the bad figures that are presented to them on a daily basis, and they cling to any bit of good news like gold, but in the end the bad news will catch up with them.omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
please chaps lets just stick to the facts....this thread is not meant for this kind of fundamental prognostication and conspiracy theory utter shiiiite....
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
That's my point... you calling a daily moved based on technicals. Fair enough. (And you called it correctly it seems) But to constantly punt the end of the world gets a bit much...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Any ideas which shares will be a good prospect to ride down if resistance breaks? Financials ,resources or ?
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
by the way, where is Zarp? anyone ever hear what happened to him? (i havent been around the forum much the past 6 months so may have missed some update/reappearance)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Look. The fact is that the DOW can end up 300 points tonight to 13000, but that won't change my view on the state of the economy, the battle the Americans are pulling to save it and it's to no avail. The primary trend is down and weathering these storms at the moment is the key to any successful trader.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I say it the way i see it, if you see it another way that also ok but dont always knock other peoples views, if we all agreed then there would be no need to discuss it.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
His long threads finished back in June. Someone asked him a question 2-3 months ago and he came back to answer. He's around, but not really around!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, think he posted something a month or 2 ago
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Not knocking others views... there's a difference between an opinion and an attempt at persuasion or willing something on.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
tx. his rambling threads certainly made for fascinating reading (if you could interpret them)!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Exactly! The reason we are here(OMO) is to hear other people opinions and vews.
0 Kudos