Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

resistance

TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
Can one of you TA experts please tell me how you determine the resistance level for a specific share. Is there a specific period (history) of closing prices that you use to draw the line? Thanks.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
jack12
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
the point at which it previously turned...restance = most recent high
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
Thanks. Do you guys do your TA with another tool or are the charts in OST good enough. If you use another tool please suggest one?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Amibroker..
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Nah, I use OST but the recomend share magic, it is in the menu under price charts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for the link Jack12, i am more of a investor, but always keen to learn about the TA side of things
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's basically a trend line that touches few (at least 3) previous high on chart. It just debend on how you looking at you share, i.e. short term or long run.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
You are welcome
0 Kudos
Kompete
Occasional Contributor
For basic analysis I also use the in house chart program, but prefer Amibroker. Incidently, can anyone suggest a good TA text book? Thanks
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Check the previous link, this also is quite helpfull. The stockteacher.com book is also good, and then a load of others that boogle the mind. http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis
0 Kudos