Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

resource stocks?

raps
Frequent Contributor
I fail to get it. I understand that commodity prices are at all time highs. But does that necessarily mean that South African Resource stocks are going to produce stellar earnings. On the backdrop of load shedding (which is also affecting Botswana Zimbabwe and Mozambique), political instability in Zimbabwe,rising fuel and input costs. Anglo posted their largest earnings ever. I find it extremely difficult to believe that they will better their past results. That is why I am short on them. A I the only one??
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
WR
Regular Contributor
Unless you have enough money to move markets, taking a position against the market is futile. I lost half my money by going short when the market is rising. Luckily made it all back with the longs bought in the corections. Going with the flow and buying in short dips has worked for me.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I agree.Don't try to outsmart the market.Go short only when you get a signal to go short. Even then, why short the strongest stocks?
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I agree, any time soon. They need to cool off a bit, and no power will do that !!!!
0 Kudos