Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

reverse head and shouders

Not applicable
with a target of 23500
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
timba
Frequent Contributor
on which chart time frame are you looking at, as i am not seeing anything on the 5 min??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
I guess this drop below 23100 nullified the formation
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes fraid so......failed at the meckline which as a set up is also a great trade the other way...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes and thats another very important tip...don't enter a trade till the formation is confirmed..usually by a pull back to the breakout....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an a kangaroo tale at the 12.05 bar.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bear in mind Lehman are bringing their results out today (1 hour's time), a week earlier due to the wallopping on their share price yesterday. They would not do this unless it's gonna be good for their share and the market. Soooo I'm expecting a green close for us and a strong dow open....whether it will last into Dow close however is anyone's guess. ADIOS!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The market has already discounted the news in - Lehman Brothers (4th largest financial institution in the US) dropped 44% yesterday. They have also pushed the 3rd quarter results publication to today. The only solution to them is to sell good assets which value are disappearing like hotcakes and close shop - like Bear Sterns.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no bruce this kangaroo looks like its going even further south than where it came from...we still have that head and shoulder target ...before we get there my longs will be limited to scalping when the fear is at its worst...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Well Lehman's 3.9bn loss certainly didn't help. DOW is now flat after being up a 100 pips on futures. FTSE and DAX have both dropped quite a bit the past hour and we still have to catch up. I wouldn't be looking for a long right now, not even a scalp
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
DOW futures just dropped 50 pips inside 5 min. Not looking good
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nova luly scalp right now.....22905....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
A Pip is somthing found in fruit, fruit is another term for a gay man and we all know were this is going...so before I get there please refrain from such talk. its points... thank you.
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
i so wish to know what informed that decision chartist...cause clearly its working
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hehe...luvly...210 pts in 5 min....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John now u know why despite your best efforts I wont have sex with you...I would imagine you saying something like "please felate my member"...just not sexy...pips is a completely acceptable term...
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
was this driven by volume or something else, cause i did not see any significant spike on the dow,... expect maybe on the ftse
0 Kudos
Not applicable
timba ...no nithing really...for scalps I look for a set up on the 5 min tick chart..I higher close ...then another higher close but the second bar must be higher than the first...when u are this oversold the merest whiff of a bull can send tired bears back into their lairs....
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
thanks for that chatist my man...well done again!!!
0 Kudos