Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

rights offer

Golding
New Contributor
can any bof pls explain to me what is meant b a rights offer. e.f - Faritec declared a rights offer ans made a rights offer share available to existing share holders.What does this mean?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you will get nil paid letters that you can either sell or use to buy discounted shares ..
0 Kudos
Golding
New Contributor
Simon Pls, you will get nil paid letters...!More detail pls. u must understand I'm new at the game?
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
check on the menu ==> help and educaztion ==> educational newsletter .. find the issue that covers npl's ..
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
golding, a rights offer is basically when a company issues a fresh batch of shares to only the existing shareholders pro rata to their existing holding, usually at a discount. it is a way for companies to raise additional capital to for instance restructure their debts. supergroup is an example - they announced a rights offer yesterday. what simon and the guys are saying is that above very general explanation is ok for discussion around the coffee table, but it is technical and complex topic that requires you to read up. no way around that.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
What do other's think of this one? Faritech share is not performing, even though the company seems to be doing better financially. D:E ratio is good, so is interest cover. NAV & Cash/sh are up. Return on s/h funds and on assets up. I don't entirely understand though, why are they doing a rights offer pretty much at trading price per share? More importantly, how are they freeing up the extra portion of cash for financing this activity? I have a small holding in this pathetic company, and I'm not too happy about all that's going on.
0 Kudos