Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

searching for the master mind answers

mightymouse
Contributor
if the forex markets open lets say in the next 30mins or 1 hr , what moves the forex on the market before its opening.usd dropping right now.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
mightymouse
Contributor
6 mins to opening of forex market and usd moves back to its original price...the question here is what cuases a movement on the graph while the market is close.
0 Kudos
mightymouse
Contributor
were are the clever guys here to answer
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well the question is where are you gettign the graph from. As a rule FX trades 24/7, closed ont he weekend, but some sites show their cients trading after hours.
0 Kudos
mightymouse
Contributor
even if u place a trade-u need two currency markets to be open for a trade to take place,if u look at the gbp/usd graph before opening-u would have seen the movement.on a 5min /one hour graph it was clearly visible-next time i will print it-if the system allows me too,just thought i ask the master minds here what did move the currency in the time the markets were close.can urgent news ,bad news,or good news have a impact on currency while the markets are close.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, in theory currency markets open 5am Sydney time on Monday and close at 5pm New York time on Friday.
0 Kudos