Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sector performance

mez
New Contributor
Is there anyone out there who can tell me where I can find the sector performance over a variety of time periods? I am trying to find out which sectors are out performing the alsi at the moment. Any comments?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Pluto
Contributor
Here are the top 15 sectors on the JSE using my proprietary objective ranking system: (in ranked order - top is the hottest sector) Automobiles & Parts Index General Retailers Index Personal Goods Index Venture Capital Food & Drug Retailers Index Consumer Services Index Coal Mining Development Capital Media Index Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology Index Industrial Transportation Index Forestry & Paper Index Industrial Engineering Index Software & Computer Services Index Technology Index I run this analysis on a weekly basis so that you can see the sector rotation over time. This list is as of last week Friday's close.
0 Kudos
mez
New Contributor
Hi Pluto, Thanks for that. I would like to know how you go about getting that information. I was hoping to be able to use some sort of filter, but that doesn't seem possible. It would be nice to be able to do it myself.
0 Kudos
Pluto
Contributor
Hi Mez, Mmmmm a little too much detail to be able to post here - but the basic idea is to normalise each index so that they become directly comparable and then you can rank them and then watch them over time.
0 Kudos