Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sell and away in May

Ginny
Contributor
Hi Guys, sitting with a dilemma - have a large investment - well in excess of R2m, which I need to cash in by end of May - thinking of putting this into cash mid-late April and avoiding May? Your advice would be most welcome. Thanks
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hi Ginny. As you know the market's at an ATH now - so maybe it's not a bad time at the moment. A bird in the hand and all that. Do you have to sell it all at once? Maybe you could stagger it over 3 months and hedge your bets?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
With a come on line like that Ginny... how am I meant to say no.....
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
mmm . . . that took longer than I expected it to on this forum. But Ginny, ignore the louts that hang around here, invest in my fantastic Monsieur Lilo franchise!
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
Want to buy a 58ft cat just 2.3Bar
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For R350 you can have may scraggly house-cat with its litter-box
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Ginny, Monsieur Lilo cannot hold his 58 footer at 2.8 bar pressure, will be limp before May thats f'sure...put 350 bucks minus the cat litter on that......On a more serious take, depending on what your gain has been so far, I would go to the bricks & mortar trading office you bought from (even if you bought online) come to an agreement on trailing stop loss & stop loss stratergy & get them to commit it to paper...signed. That way, should they be on extended lunch duty & the market bombs, you're covered - on paper at least.....this should allow you to milk this bull for all its worth before you convert it to a cash cow! Uh?? If you're interested in PK's sublime offer I have his parole officer's cell no. Good luck & Adios.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Exellent solution!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Put it into IPSA.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Put it into IPSA.(IPS SHARE CODE)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nice one Y... the advice...
0 Kudos
Ginny
Contributor
Not sure if I am looking for a cat! what age?? and does the boat come with a skipper?? Brazen tks for info - do need to cash in one go - investing in property but obviously want to make all I can.... dont we all?! Thanks folk
0 Kudos
vusi_1
Contributor
Yes , Property in my opinion a great investment , if you can find something with Blue Chip tenants , with long leases in place . You could get exposure to Commercial Property of about R 10 Mil , However the yield you but at must be more than attractive , I would say in the region of 16%-17%, with good leases in place ... Finding would take some time ... Otherwise Y advise is solid ...For now ... Can I bill you for the advise ?
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
vusi, Ive been wondering about that. Lets say property is the way to go, do one buy brick&mortar or something like GRY which is much more liquid?
0 Kudos