Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sep13 alsi

Rams
Super Contributor
Well, missed 34700 by 13 points...exiting at 35580.... 34700 an important level...
0 Kudos
Flash
Occasional Contributor
:-) I have been following you guys. I'm not here very often due to full time job commitments, hence no comments until now. Hopefully I will be able to comment more in the future.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
34700 taken out, what is next target ?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
target 35300...trend maintined if trades above 34600. Below 34600, 15 minute trend change confirmed at 34564. I am not in the trade yet...will get in it there is a retrace and trend still up...
0 Kudos
Flash
Occasional Contributor
Don't you think we will see 35100 before we can expect a retrace to 34700 or as low as 34600? I would also wait for the retrace though.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no, the retrace for entry is different to the retrace for trend change. The retrace for entry could occur now to about 34800, then its a long. Yes we could get to 35100 and then retrace and I wil wait for that before entering. If we retrace to 34600, the we must consider a short...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Mol, take your stop loss, then multiply that by any factor of profit. so if you work out you need a 3:1 profit loss ratio, then exit contract 1 and contract 2 at targets that gives you 3:1 profit/loss and then move your stop to breakeven and then into profit as the market moves in your direction. Now let the remaining contract/contracts ride the trend and exit at your stop....yes you do give some back but thats the only way to milk the trend. This way you managing risk and profit not only for the trade but for your ALSI futures portfolio. Read "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and sometimes you get left behind...we at your target of 35100 and we may get to 35300 before a retrace....so we just wait
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and sometimes you get left behind...we at your target of 35100 and we may get to 35300 before a retrace....so we just wait
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
Thanks again,understand better and busy reading the book.
0 Kudos
Flash
Occasional Contributor
yes, I see. Oh well, as you say we wait. My issue is the wait, my fingers are always to eager to enter a trade. How did you determine the retrace of 34800? Is it the low of the previous 15 min bar? I would have looked at 34700 or now possibly 34900?
0 Kudos
Flash
Occasional Contributor
correction, previous 1 hour bar..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
we cant accurately determine the exact level...its important to know where the retrace will be trend change...right now 34900 or above to get in, below 34900 its no trade for a long yet
0 Kudos
Flash
Occasional Contributor
Ok thanks. I am learning...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
came off 34900..above 34950 and a long may be set up if not in already
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
34950 taken out....long
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
a nice day today nice weather nice figures and nice p/l balance
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And looks like a pancake day too
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
at least its green for a change
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and 4 green days...well, today was a pancake day...was a good day to test that discipline and manage risk...and looks like we closing around the 34700 level..that same level again. June was a good month for ALSI trading...Monday?...well we see on Monday
0 Kudos