Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

share magic pro

nala
Super Contributor
is there anyone out there wanting to get rid of share magic pro software -i am willing to pay R2ooo
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Ninja
Super Contributor
Buy Omnitrader
0 Kudos
KJR
Frequent Contributor
What are the costs involved for Omnitrader
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Approx R7500 for the software....then a monthly fee from any data provider.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just open an account with IG Index - free - and you'll probably not have a need for any other software. Paying so much for charting is not worth it.
0 Kudos
mr_p_
Contributor
Wena, is that the UK IG Index site? Do they cover the South African market as well, or only offshore?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agree with Wena, but it is nice to have a local copy of data so you don't have to wait for java to load each time. Amibroker + a data feed from Investor Data (check out the link on OST) is about as cheap and is perfectly reliable. Moneyweb also has a download service called primecharts - not bad. Charts are free and downloads charged monthly.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
What nobody is telling you about other software is that you pay for any addition oscillator/indicator that is not standard. View the purchase of your software as Capex. It is tax deductable too, like any other expense you have to trade.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I use www.market-web.co.za Free software and R1050 per year for daily data. Excellent service.
0 Kudos
mr_p_
Contributor
Not free anymore, website says R4999 + R159 a month for data.
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
Hi Nala, i think it depends on what you want ot use the doftware for, cause if you are going to use it for day trading its not gonna help you much, and you would be better off with something like IG index as the guys have said.But for long term analysis you might find it usefull. I am selling mine so if you are interested you can drop me mail at [email protected]
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
thanks all for your input -very very useful
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor