Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

shf

koos2
Super Contributor
Jeez, doesnt make for good reading.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
AJ_
Contributor
what is a good price entry into this share considering the rights issue
0 Kudos
Chopchop
Contributor
What are they going to spend the money on in SA apart from deleveraging their balance sheet?
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
Does this means that it is a good time to purchase more Steinhoff shares or should one stay away for the short term?
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
they are raising money on a very decent share price in order to invest in their business.if u trust the management team then this is a good move for the future.if u do not then they will waste it.each investor can make their own mind up
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Maybe this little blip is irrelevant, have been holding since R21 with 1 huge drawdown. There is stil more than 20 years before i am gonna need the money, so i am gonna bunker down.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
HAHAHAAHAHA This is so they can move overseas. They have had enough of old Julius. Poor SA
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
What will the impact be on the 14th any idea?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Ja, this is what i thought when they bought europe and everyone was saying europe be going down.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
i got a feeling this is going quite a bit lower before it goes higher. Mention was made of 52.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
According to my chart it today traded almost double the value that it has traded on any other single day in the last 16 years.Considering it was almost 9% down I wouldn't go rushing in.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it was just institutions arbing the price difference .. sell at around R55 on market buy in the book build at R52 nice easy R3 profit ..
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Napkin calc says price $ 4,83 x 10.75 = 51.92 & Euro price is 3,54 x 14,62 = 51.76 Today price = R 55.3 Does not make cents? Why buy?
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Would you short then at these prices
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Simon went short, what is the date to anticipated to pick up shares at R52
0 Kudos
itsytobias
New Contributor
At Koos: Rights issues are always at a discount otherwise no incentive to subscribe. What I understand is the rights offer on JSE is to shareholders in Steinhoff not the open market. Simon: Please explain how they are arbing the R3 difference. Surely they can just sell their rights for R3 next Thursday?
0 Kudos