Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

short TOPI

DEP
Super Contributor
Anybody going short today on the TOPI?
0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
RDB
Super Contributor
not before we tested previous highs
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not today although we should she the decline starting....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Geez C I dont think I have ever heard you say you Intend to short, WOW! were is Zarp to hear this!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Was also goiong to drop a comment on that, but thought i might be missing a caustic undertone of sorts. Please elaborate C?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
caustic? I just said not today - that doesnt mean I will tommorow, next week or whatever - I will when I get the signal...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
There is nothing caustic, I have the utmost respect for Chartist and his TA... it is for this reason I made that comment. Speaking of TA Chartist I have a question. Have a look at netcare, it broke above resistance made news high and is now pulling back do we look for a bounce off the last high at R14 or do you wait for a bounce off the long term support. your comment ( however caustic ) will be well recieved.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sure, I thought it was a poke, but i was wrong, better?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would buy it on a pullback but I would wait for the trend resumption to be confirmed - we could see further downside - momentum is deckining and just hovering around the midpoint - we are nowhere near oversold so just wait till everything turns upward again. 1400 seems to have some support...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
super idego - actually you were right...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I agree I dont want to buy... But for future.. as a TA rule, would you look for a bounce off the horizontal support or the slopping trend line as a rule. I use netcare as an example as it has such stable trend lines.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dammit... caustic bulls, wasn't short today btw :)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
where to from here for the topI?
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Long ..... till you are wrong!
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
hope you didn't go short on 12 Febr
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
shorted yesterday. Being burnt a little, but didn't go too big in. Surely a small correction tomorrow?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
sold long earlier this AM and went short, burning currently
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gdm, you know what the recent record for number of green days in a row is? 9! And more then once.
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
How many have we had Simon? Around 8? I'll be happy to make my losses up...
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
today will be the 4th green day in a row. Could be a tough week for the bears if we go for another record.
0 Kudos