Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

short TOPI

GdM
Frequent Contributor
All I'm saying is you've gotta have b@lls of steel right now...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Or brains of poridge....
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Just itching to go short, so sitting on my hands. Will wait for tomorrow 3pm or just before, but guaranteed, will be short this weekend. At the mo, just happy to watch it ramped up another 200 to 300 points.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
OR BRAINS of porridge....
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
The techies said the resistance level for the TOP40 is 23500. It sailed through that without any problems, where is the next resistance?
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
I think it's suffice to say, be you a techie, fundie, bull or bear, we're all pretty amazed...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
BIL and AGL make up a huge part of the index nothing is amazing other than your short trade.
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
Well I am impressed by my BILSBB....50% in a few days.... not bad
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
Speak to me tomorrow.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Will you still be liquid by then?
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
Bitter, aren't we?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
A year ago the market was at 19000 point todat we are over 26000 points and... The earning of our biggest shares are what is driving this market, Ofcourse we will pull back but please do not stand in the way of this market or you and I wont have time to become friends.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
A year ago the market was at 19000 point todat we are over 26000 points and... The earning of our biggest shares are what is driving this market, Ofcourse we will pull back but please do not stand in the way of this market or you and I wont have time to become friends. If you want to see and guage the market look at the bounce of support BAW got today...that is not the responce of a failing market.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Yesterday, only 120,000 TOPDWI warrants were traded. Today, already 889,200. Would love to know if that were mostly buying from the issuer, or profit taking.
0 Kudos
wap
Occasional Contributor
The only TOPI I'll Short is my old TOPI, but just because he is long on DRD. Shame, after banging himself over the head with a 10Lbs hammer, he'll actualy be a short TOPI
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
I sold mine back to the issuer today, after having bought yesterday when we went past the previous high.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an we're up another 100 points in the opening 15 minutes. Shorting the bull is always high risk and the most likely out come is always painful.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Here is my prediction for next week. TOPI will get to 24400. People will start going crazy since TOPDWZ will be below 10/20c. Everyone will be calling it short. And then TOPI will hit 24501 destroying the wave and taking all the cash with it. And while this goes my TOPDWI will have increased some more.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
Hi Simon, did you see the drop to 23,716 seconds after opening and then back to 23,915?
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
The motto at this stage seems to be: " If you want to come short, GO Short"
0 Kudos