Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

short sasol

Not applicable
seems like SOL has hit resistance at R315 and formed a dbl top tday, bt if it breaks 315-50 theres lots of upside, so shorting this would be wise bt with a stop loss at a close above 316
0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
Not applicable
oops, i thought my computer froze
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Wow GC you really into that SOL thing. Ok, Ok we believe you, you can stop posting it now. But I would only short below 310 or go long above 316
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
It puzzles me why people short stocks that are high when (like SOL and AGL) SAVI at 21 instead of buying them and shorting stocks that are low like SAP. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
This doesnt make sense to me either, crude is sitting over $80 barrel hasnt seen these highs in months, the rand has weakened 7.42/dollar, why would we want to short sasol???
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
SOL is not a short unless it falls through the support level a close below 310. Then it becomes a short term short until 300. It also has a gap at 294 but that would be a hard on to fill soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Would you guys be buying SOL on a 1 year outlook?? I am mainly in for capital appreciation,Do you guys see SOL at 20-30% Higher in a 1 Years time?? that would = SOL - 400?? Comments will be much appreciated,thanx
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
IMHO SOL is one of the best buys you could make.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i also heard the same story with agl that within a week it was going to go down 15%.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Based on my experience I think its best to trade in the direction of the market. When the market is rallying, like right now, and you think a particular stock is going to correct it's best to just leave it alone and buy stocks that are rising. To try and swim against the R12 billion/day tide is simply suidical, ask me I have made tons of losses doing just that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My only fear is the strong rand/weaker dollar,If the dollar can strenghten to around the 8.50 - 9.00 and the Oil price stays around the 70 - 85 dollar range, it will be v.good for SOL.And who knows we myt see 400 on SOL in the 2009-2010 year..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well based on the discussion SOL under 310 so we should look at a short and TA says GOOD for it but its Friday and I dont like opening positions without really good cause on a friday. Silly things like wars, banks filing for chapter 11 protection (hey it happened last year without warning) and other events happen over week-ends. I am gonna be a bear and snooze this one out till monday thanks. I will keep my already open positions but opening new ones....not for me today thanks.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
But then again great things also happen on weekends, I will take this slight slip and buy in and we will see how we look on Monday.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
on target, closed below 310-40.. stochastics shows a reversal, id look to take profits at R300, could get lower thou..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good call GC.. It ended 2% lower in New york
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
I would be careful shorting this one and if you do keep your stops very tight, rand is weakening with strong oil price. Perhaps we can expect some short term weakness but will have strong support at 300 rand level. Excellent share to buy for the long haul.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Would you buy or sell Sasol at the R308 level.And if you bought Sasol at R282,would you be holding or selling.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
short fr really short term, if u a active trader, sell if u bought at R282, and buy back at R300 or little lower
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
If you had purchased on cfd or ssf you should have sold already and get back in at R300 or lower, if not geared then I would hold on
0 Kudos
Not applicable
formed a lower high.. i still feel theres more downside than todays low.
0 Kudos