Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

shp

Russ
Super Contributor
Have pulled back to support and are oversold.Also big directors' buying lately.A good time to get in,I think.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Rams
Super Contributor
the short and long time frames on this share is not in sync....will give it a miss or wait for 125-127 for entry....
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
Bought some in 2004 @ 885. Never looked back.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
Very interesting, director buying 1000 SSF contracts at R132.28....big exposre R13m... Perhaps we should be following suite? Wiese, Christoffel H SHP Buy 100000 13228.71 13228710
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
big amount but remember thats petty cash for him....but can a director short his company?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Interesting question. I am quite rusty on the Company Act , but based on my prior knowledge, a company cannot render financial assistance to purchase it own shares. If the Director is using his own cash , then i think (but not too sure)he is allowed to short.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
did you know Piers Morgan was investigated for market manipulation: bought the share and then advised readers to buy the share the next day...but was aquitted and the share tipster working for the news got to take the blame!
0 Kudos