Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sideways, down or up?

PaulC
Super Contributor
Hi All, Looking at the technicals for this share the OBV seems to be holding sideways (perhaps a small drop), the RSI and Stochastic are showing an oversold situation for a while. Now I know shares can stay in a sideways pattern for a while. Looking at it Im trying to work out what its next move will be. Does anyone have any fundamental reasoning for this shares possible next move. Reason for asking Im halfway to my 10% stop and Im wondering if I should exit now with a small loss or leave it to my system to stop me out. Comments / advice ? - Paul C
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DST
Super Contributor
Dwell on your rules. Why did you set 10% - and if you had been hit at 10 you wouldn't be itching to play now, would you? If you had no rationale to set 10 as your stop rather than 5 or 20, then you should probly rethink your exposures and rules through right from scratch ... ... A - strategy, B - rules, C - implement. Not the other way round, surely?
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Maybe sideways or up, IMO not down. Dividents to be paid in June. At the current value it is actually not a bad buying oppertunity. Rather wait to be closed out, this way you will avoid overtrading (save trading fees) and will still be invested if the price start to move upwards.
0 Kudos