Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

silver

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
seems people starting to get all excited about silver .. what's the theory.story.logic here ??
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
_nova
Super Contributor
cosmetic dentistry is the next bubble?
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Historically Gold and Silver have been universally accepted currencies. Gold is the no1 but its not good for smaller transactions due to its value. People also see silver as a good inflation hedge like gold. As its cheaper than gold its easier for many people to buy. I own physical silver and Gold. I also see more upside potential for silver than gold ie I think silver will outperform gold in the next few years. The reasons for this are 1: Gold is getting pricey for an average person to buy (1oz kruger now +-R10k) to buy silver (Silver Eagles, old R1 coins, small bars) are cheaper. 2: Most of the gold ever mined is lying around in vaults so scarcity isnt a huge problem. Most of the silver ever mind ISNT around as it has industrial uses as well as "percieved store of value" 3: Silver is maily mined as a byproduct from other metals. As lots of copper zinc and tin mines are being mothballed above ground stockpiles are likely to fall leading to shortages. By the time the mines reopen we may have had a large price spike. Thats my take, perhaps other people have more.
0 Kudos