Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

simon

Not applicable
With your lazy system. Is IMP a buy now. I got in ant R193. Am i mad or still on course. With your system. What is the normal time for you to hold a share. Or is it till sell signal appears. Thanks
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Why do you buy, and then ask the question???
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
It has been posted many times that the Lazy system are for indexes only.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol. knew that was comming. Just had a look at the lazy system. Just wondering if it was inline.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And talking of SLS, I need more help please. Maybe today I'll get to break-even on my little TOPSKA's. If, or when, I do, then I set my trailing stop at 90c which was OST's closing price on the last red day which was 14 Sep?
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
If you dont understand a system fully do not use it to trade I am not being funny bit i do not use Simons system as i do not fully understand it. I have my own lazy system and its works for me for now but i used all the info I understood fully to implement it. OMHO
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Jez,the exit rule is: Stop loss = 20% trailing until breakeven and then upside exit on lower low on INDEX or breakeven. At breakeven you enter a fixed stop loss. From then you have a free no risk trade. Then you have a mental stop at the lower low on INDEX. Your mental stop is at the low of 14/9. If it close below, you're out. Don't move your fixed stop loss up too fast - the only reason why you reached this point is because you kept your stop loss out of the noise.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ah, thanks T, a clear explanation and constructive help instead of a maddog lecture. I agree with maddog, though, he isn't funny.
0 Kudos