Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

simons alsi trading systems

nala
Super Contributor
hi forumites. 2 questions. Has anyone used any of Simons alsi trding systems and which sytems have you been sucessful with?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Preston
Super Contributor
Nah, i actually used John F Carter system as illustrated in his book "Mastering the Trade". His system is well explained and has significantly less noise.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Nah, i actually use John F Carter system as illustrated in his book "Mastering the Trade". His system is well explained and has significantly less noise.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Gap Trade system...works well.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so how much noise do my systems have ?? or are we talking forum chatter ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree with Rams..Gap Trade system works well.Just remember descipline.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err that dodges the question ??
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
There is ONLY ONE SYSTEM... your own one that fits your personality...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well actually I have three I tarde and bust testing a fourth .. does this mean I have three personalities ??
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, you right.But remember the biggest difficulty with all systems is the the EXIT whether in loss or in profit. Most times my sysytem gets me in the right direction of the market movement, but 50 point stop loss always takes me out of the trade thats essentially in the right direction. When I figure that out, I will have a second attempt at early retirement. Anyway, hows your Dentist, looking any younger with all teeth on?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ah Simon...that was my response to TERRA and her teeth
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
aha .. coz I was about to go off and check my teeth :)

Thing with te engulfing system is that it is not designed for catching large trends, it is a scalping system in a sense, small tares that add up .. I am testing a variation EOD, but the testing gonna be another 4-6 months I suspects as I need 19 more trades to play out ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so need minimum 3 contracts to be able to take profits as the market moves in your direction. Break even with the first, profit with the second and last contract to ride out the short time frame trend or target Gap close.
0 Kudos