Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

since the market is in limbo.....whats does everyone drive?

Mic
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BMW 120d, get 6litre per 100km And busy restoring and 1987 Porsche turbo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ford Cortina V6. Made back in the day when the Great Satan knew how to build'em. In storage now, but wait, my pretty, I\ll return to yez soon..
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Honda S2000. Pure Aural bliss. Honda are probably the best all round engine makers in the world...but they also make power tools. Somehow i cant imagine ferrari making angle grinders..
0 Kudos
Rossi
Contributor
Currently driving the MINI COOPER S Clubman, also have my yamaha R1 to clear my head and have a yamaha YZ 250 and Honda CRF 250( Two Pipes)..... Striker, which M3 are you driving? E46 or E92? II'm in love with the M3)
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Merc C180K and Jeep Wrangler 4lt Sport for the wife
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pajero and a Triumph Rocket 111 to clear the mind. Wife mostly on her broom.
0 Kudos
smart_money
Occasional Contributor
A Toyota Corolla 1.6 GLE, 2001 model - paid up, minimal insurance costs. Invest all spare cash in the stock market.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rykberg
Occasional Contributor
Nice to see so many intelligent drivers on the list. I also drive an Alfa 156, the best car the Italians ever built.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also Toyota Corolla 1.6. Also paid up
0 Kudos
Rossi
Contributor
Hi Rykber, do you have a manual or steptronic gearbox?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
ROSSI - I have the E46,2004 model.Much prefer E46 shape to new one, though new V8 motor very cool.Public consensus also seens to favour E46 styling.
0 Kudos
smart_money
Occasional Contributor
Woman. Happy Womens' Day to all Smart Women out there!
0 Kudos
Rossi
Contributor
Striker- one thing I can say is the M3 all round is a beautful car, from the E36 german spec to the current E92. the E46 to me just stands out!! I can't wait to find one and buy it, had money for it... until MRF crashed..hahaha. I drove the new M3 for the whole weekend and the V8 is unreal, the stabilty of the car is awesome and M drive just rocks, I thought it would struggle with the 335I in sales, but it's true when they say once and 'M" driver always an "M" driver...... P.s: The sound of the V8 rocks....
0 Kudos
smart_money
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the 166 is to my mind...I have driven both (and still drive a 166)...you cannot compare these cars to their german rivals as far as dynamics go....reliability....one set of wipers and normal servicing in 90 000 kms...nothing else!!! ....my BMW overheated...constantly...waterpump packed up catastrophically stranding me etc etc...I almost had to pay someone to take it off me....the Slk is similarly prone to ongoing irritating issues...like the electric seat packing up..which made it underivable....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BMW R1150R - For the daily commute and occasional track day at zwartkops '93 Isuzu Trooper 3.2 V6 - For the diving holidays to Moz etc.. both paid up, so that I can divert cash to losing it in equities.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I drive a timebomb - lol - got a smart fortwo coupe (pulse) - but i don't know how long it will last... some people say they don't have a very long life... lets hope i can make some good trades to get my aston martin soon. lol... Would love to upgrade the smarts engine to a motorbike engine (http://www.smartuki.com/)...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
ROSSI - possibly selling my M3 next year .If your stocks have recovered and you're still interested ,we'll talk .
0 Kudos